Position: Business Analyst II
Division: Innovation Technology
Department: Software Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Salaried/ Hourly: Salaried
Reports to: Chief Innovation Officer
Date Updated: 2/17/2023
The Reconex Business Analyst II is the liaison between the users of our custom TMS software application and our development staff. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented professional to join our team. He or she must have proven experience performing detailed requirements analyses and working within an Agile-based software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be analytical and can adapt easily to changes, learning quickly and adjusting solutions to meet our stakeholders’ needs. The Business Analyst II works closely with the Product Owner. He or she will have excellent communication and customer service skills. Preferably he or she will be bilingual to communicate with our US-based staff and customers while speaking Spanish to our off-shore development staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops analyses and documentation in order to translate partner stakeholder needs into detailed requirements definitions.
- Performs impact analyses related to new and changing software functionality and communicates impacts timely to the Product Owner, Project Manager (if assigned), and the Business Unit Manager.
- Works with Quality Assurance to formulate testing requirements for new and changing software functionality, including regression testing.
- Organizes detailed specifications into Feature definitions to support an Agile software development process.
- Works with Product Owner and stakeholders to set delivery priorities and plan a product roadmap.
- Works with developers and plans sprints, negotiates plans and timeframes, and communicates schedules to stakeholders.
- Responds to inquiries and provides advice to stakeholders regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs.
- Researches and analyzes the nature, effect, and result of system difficulties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in analytics and systems development or related experience.
- High proficiency in SQL and related database technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize.
- Team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work successfully with others.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and possesses excellent analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bilingual. Primary language English — secondary Spanish.
Click here to email résumé to Dan Lepper, Chief Innovation Officer.