Position: Helpdesk Analyst II
Division: Information Technology
Department: Support Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Salaried/ Hourly: Salaried
Reports to: Director of Support Services
Date Updated: 2/3/2023
The Reconex Helpdesk Analyst II is the first point of contact for all employees seeking IT assistance. We are looking for a player/coach to help formalize our helpdesk function as we continue to grow our operations. The ideal candidate must be willing to roll up their sleeves and provide level 1 support while also helping us plan for growing our support team consistent with the company’s needs, including recommending new hires as the workload demands. The candidate will be well-versed in a wide variety of systems and software applications. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring all employees receive prompt and courteous service and will resolve IT issues in a timely manner. He or she will have excellent communication and customer service skills and will be able to manage competing priorities effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to helpdesk tickets ensuring efficient resolution of issues and accurate documentation of problems and solutions.
- Monitor ticket queues and escalate as necessary.
- Train new team members on helpdesk procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation for helpdesk procedures.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve helpdesk efficiency.
- Provide performance reporting on the helpdesk function and escalate recurrent issues for further review.
- Troubleshoot a wide range of technical issues across hardware systems and applications, referring to manuals and documentation and escalating calls as needed to staff or the appropriate vendor.
- Serve as point of contact for escalated tickets.
- Provision, update, and deactivate user accounts in Azure Active Directory, Office 365, and Google Workspace.
- Configure, customize, and deploy new computers, software, and peripherals to staff.
- Provision desk phones, phone extensions, voicemail, and network fax capabilities.
- Maintain a current hardware inventory including but not limited to computers, printers, monitors, and other components and peripherals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in customer service or technical support roles.
- Knowledge of current computer systems and peripherals, Apple and Android mobile devices, Windows and Mac operating systems, and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in easy-to-understand language and speak effectively one-on-one and in front of groups.
- Team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work successfully with others.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bilingual. Primary language English — secondary Spanish.
Click here to email résumé to Dan Lepper, Chief Innovation Officer.